An Immigration Law Firm


Green Cards
Temporary Visas
Hire our law firm
About us
Download free forms
Buy Immigration books



J-1 visas for foreign medical doctors 


There are two groups of physicians who can seek J-1 status. The first group consists of those physicians seeking "graduate medical education or training." Included within this education and training are internships, residencies, and clinical fellowships.

The second group of physicians who can come to the U.S. under the J-1 status are those who are coming to teach or to do research.

Group #1: Physicians coming for graduate medical education or training

Group #2: Physicians coming to do research and teach





Copyright 1997-2001 All Rights Reserved

This is an advertisement, no attorney/client relationship is established by viewing the contents of this site. As immigration law is constantly changing, information is provided as-is and does not constitute legal advice. Visitors are urged to contact experienced immigration counsel for their immigration matters.